Department of Fire & Emergency Services
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) performs a critical role coordinating emergency services for a range of natural disasters and emergency incidents threatening life and property.
Operating 24 hours a day, every day of the year, DFES provides emergency services across our vast state of 2.5 million square kilometres on land, by sea and air
Main Roads Western Australia
Main Roads Western Australia are responsible for Western Australia’s highways and main roads.
Main Roads operates 24 hours a day, and their website is regularly updated with information regarding incidents, events, road works, speed zone changes, and much more.
After exiting the water and warning others of the potential danger, please call the Water Police on 9442 8600 and provide the following information;
- Your name
- Phone Number
- Location / Local Governnment
- Time shark was sighted
- Where the shark was sighted
- Number of sharks
- Approximate size of shark
The Water Police will then notify the relevant personnel and agencies, including the Shire, Dongara Fisheries and the Dongara Denison Surf Life Saving Club upon receiving and verifying the report. These agencies will continue to monitor the water and will advise if and when the beaches will be opened again.
- Ambulance/Police/Fire – 000
- Dongara Community Resource Centre – +61 8 9927 2111
- Dongara Taxis – +61 8 9927 1555
- Medical Centre – +61 8 9927 2907
- Sea Rescue – +61 8 9927 1770
- Shire of Irwin – +61 8 9927 0000
- Chemist – +61 8 9927 1132
- Dongara Hospital – +61 8 9927 0200
- Dongara Veterinary Hospital – +61 8 9927 1329